Raw & no mercy modding
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Great guide for raw modding

4 posters

Go down

Great guide for raw modding Empty Great guide for raw modding

Post  Admin Mon May 18, 2009 7:24 pm

IMPORTANT NOTE: Please know that you will need a hex editor for the following edits.

Got to this website to download the one I use Click Here and download XVI32 version 2.51

-----------------------Editing Names-------------------

You'll need a hex editor. Then open xpkgui.30. Now go to load
And chose the tf.xpk file to load. Once loaded, export the
charhead.dat in the charheader folder to the desktop. Ok now
open the file and search for the name you want to replace
for the new mod. Once you find it, they'll be four of them.
Just type over the name with the new name you want. If the
name is smaller than the orginal, then just patch the rest
of the letters with 00 on the hex side of the file. If it's
longer then it's not a problem. Once you're done save and
import!

----------------Superstar wearing item to ring----------

Well it's in the charhead.dat file. Open it up and find the
superstar you want to put a belt or itemon and then find the 12 FFs
When you see it like this

FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF

The first 6 ff are for the entrance and the last six are to
keep in the ring. Replace one of the first 6 ff with the code
of the belt or item you want put in. Here are the codes that I know of

Click here for full item List Credit: UltimateWarrior

*Be sure to put the item in the appropiate place. Follow this:
CHARHEAD.DAT

First FF - Items worn on the head - EA00.CSV
Second FF- Items worn on the face - EA01.CSV
Third FF - Items worn around the neck - EA02.CSV
Fourth FF - Items worn on the shoulder - EA03.CSV
Fifth FF - Items worn around the waist - EA04.CSV
Sixth FF - Items carried in your hand

EA00.CSV through EA05.CSV files are located in the TF.XPK file in the MODELLIST directory.

These list the items a wrestler can bring to the ring and can be opened up with Microsoft Excel or similar program

*EXAMPLE* You want to give John Cena his chain, belt, and hat in his entrance. (Note this is using my John Cena mod over Billy Gunn)

You'll need a hex editor. The open xpkgui.30 Now go to load and chose
the tf.xpk file to load. Once loaded extract the charhead.dat in the charheader
folder to the desktop. Open the file and then click search/find and search for
c010. Scroll down until you see 12 symbols similar to a y with two dots on
top. Click on the first one you see. Then if you look on the left side, the same
value will be highlighted except written FF. Now follow along with me here's
the order of thee FF and how it should go.

----------------------Model Swapping-------------------------

Well first of all extract the ff.xpk Then look in the character
folder for the models. Ok Pretend you want to swap Rock model
over raven. Open the C000H.fml and click on the search button
and search for C000. Now when you see c000, change that number
to c018 because that is raven's number. Then just change all
of the c000 in that file to c018 and save it. Then just
import it and it'll work. Also do the same with the c000L and
c000M.fml

---------------------------Setting Pyro for Wrestler's Entrance----------------------------

Ok now open xpkgui, load the TF.xpk and look in the folder ENTRANCE for a file called HANABINAME.LST Extract that file to your pc. Now open that file, and look for the pyro you want to use. Now pretend you want to use Angle's pyro for Kane. The code for Angle's pyro should read this "Kurt Angle, kurtangle" in the HANABINAME.LST kurtangle is the code you need to use.

Now open xpkgui again and load the SF.xpk and look in the folder SCN for a file called C004.WSB (that's Kane's number). Now extract that file to your pc and open the file. Normally you would look for the word NULL in that file. That controls the pyro. But this case, look for KANE. Now change that to kurtangle. Now save and just import the file and enjoy!

---------------------Transparent Pics-------------------

Well you'll need Photoshop. This is how I do it. It's not the
best way but works. Make a new image transparent. Paste the
parts you want to be seen on the transparent image. Then save
the image as .psd Close the file and re open it and save as
dds with DXT3 alpha setting and no mip maps. Then just import
and enjoy!

---------------------Changing Titantron Names-------------------

Well open xpkgui and load the sf.xpk and go in the scn folder and extarct the wrestler you want to change the titantron for (i'll use jeff as an example which is c016.WSB) Now open the file with a hex editor and after the number of the wrestler(c016), there should be written hardys. That name controls the file name for the titantron. Now just write over hardys with (let's say jhardy) i think you have to keep the same length of letters. So after that just save the file and import it. Now just get jeff titantrons and rename it to jhardy_S.bik & jhardy_L.bik Then just put them in the Movie/Scene folder in the Raw directory and it should work.

---------------------Changing Titantron & Music Names-------------------

If you don't understand the above guide then try this one. You should open xpkgui and load the SF.XPK file. Click on the SCN folder and extract the c017.wsb (for Matt) or the c016.wsb (for Jeff). Open the file with a hex editor and after you see the c016 or c017, it'll be written "hardysmu_hardyz". "hardys" controls the titantron used and "mu_hardyz" controls the music. Change "hardys" to anything you want (ex. mattv1 for Matt Hardy). Then just rename the tron you want for Matt to mattv1_S.bik and mattv1_L.bik. For music, it doesn't always work. You can't make your own music file. You can only use the ones in the game. For example, in c016.wsb file for Jeff, you would change "mu_hardyz" to "mu_ivory" or any other song you wouldn't use in game. Then just rename Jeff's music file to mu_ivory.wav

Here are the full list of names for the entrance music and titantrons(useful if you downloaded the game)

Other Guides

Editing VS SCREEN MOVES (credit: gonzalo)

Open charhead.dat and look for the wrestler of whom you want to change the vs screen moves. Look for the word NULL. The space before that should have a number or letter (ie. 11, 02 or something) Now just replace that number with one of these numbers according to the one you want.

Model Swaps
• Billy Gunn (C010) over Rhyno (C044). The H file MUST be smaller in Billy's file. L & M are optional but the model may screw up if Billy's L & M are larger than Rhyno's.
• Long Hair superstars cannot go over Short Hair superstars. Short Hair can go over Long Hair. Long Hair Can Go over Long Hair except Raven's Model.
• In HEX Editor, search for Text String :Å“tex:. And replace all C010 to C044 then save.
Museum Edits

Name Change
• In HEX Editor, open CHARHEAD.DAT
Finisher Change
• In HEX Editor open finish.lst and just change the names
Stat's change
• In HEX Editor open handw.lst
In Game

In-game Stat Change
• Ok here is how I find it: I first open handw.lst and look what height and weight the wrestler has, as an example I take the rock, he has 06'05'' 275 lbs. Now I open charhead.dat and what I know for sure is that height and weight are always located somewhere near the FFs. Now if you look there you see 06 05. After that there is 13 01. I click on 13 01, go on tools and then decode number, it says 275
Ability Points
• 14 spaces before the FF's.
• First 5 - Offensive Ability: Strike, Submission, Grapple, Acrobat, Roughhouse
• Second 5 - Defensive Ability - Strike, Submission, Grapple, Acrobat, Roughhouse
• Last 4 - Jump Ability, Move Speed, Power Recovery, Stamina Recovery
----------------------Changing Entrances------------------------- Credit: Tombstone
• Extract all the SF.xpk fles using the extract all files button
• Open the folder you picked to extract the files in
• Open the SCN folder in there
• Have your hex editor open
• Next open the file of the wrestlers number(example:C000 is rock and C001 is austin they can be found out in pauls guide
• Next find where the guys number is in the file like c000 for rock
• Then change it to the number of the guys entrance you want him to have like if you wanted cena to have buh buhs entrance change c010 to c014
• Now save the file,import it and your ready to go with a new entrance.

Sweet Chin Music Edit (credit: hbk425/Henry Evil) *NOTE* this only changes damage effects. The same procedure can be done with any standing striking move!

1.use xpkgui and open edit header
2.extract natk.fmh in a notepad
3.then open the notepad with hex editor
4.search for step_side_kick_1
5.it will start with" '........Step_Side_Kick_1............Basic.....M_M_TRA_K....NULL.......yyyyy'
(blah blah blah and on)
6.now scroll down and find the line(.......d.*.NULL...'(dots going on for a while just before it stops at yyyy again)
7.the dot just after d represents the damage. click on it and edit the adjoin in hex values to 99
8.the 13th dot after null represents knocking effects. edit the adjoin in hex values to 99
9.the dot just before null determines voltage. click on it and edit the adjoin in hex values to 99
10.next time u play raw you'll notice that the voltage of step_side_kick_1 has changed to s.

----------------------Player Swapping------------------------- Credit: Madhav

This is what I call it. It's useful if you want to put new bald kane over the original kane. Download both kane and orton mods from http://gamehq247.planets.gamespy.com/pl619. Install all the files from the Kane mod folder (C004) over C041 and not C004. Model Swap benoit model files over kane (c004). And for the Orton mod replace the textures over kane C004 and not C009. Extract the charhead.dat in the charheader folder to the desktop using xpkgui editor. Open it using a HEX editor, search Kane, under it you will find c004H, c004M, c004L, c004A, c004B. Replace the 04 to 41. Then search Haku change Haku to Randy Orton, then under it you will find c041H, c041M, c041L, c041A, c041B. Replace 41 to 04. You are done.
NOTE-You need to do this only if you are not able to install the Ultimate Model Sizes By Ultimate Warrior

----------------------Basic Guide For Beginner Modders------------------------- Credit: KurtAngle212

1. Make sure you have photoshop!

2. Download this DDS Plugin from nvidia:
here!!!

After you finish installing this plugin, extract all the XPK files and keep them in separate new folder.

3. Open your photoshop, click "open" and then choice the new folder with the orginal XPK files, go to TEX, open for example the folder C000 that means The Rock's textures.
open one of them, for example the file "C000_TEX0100".

4. If you want to see this file by angle of your vision, go (in photoshop) to:
"image"-->"rotate canvas"-->180*
and then:
"image"-->"rotate canvas"-->"flip canvas horizontal"

Then edit whatever you want there, but remember invert the options after you finish as you saw at section 4.

5. Go to "save as", save as DDS format, then save.
then you may see an open window about the DDS, save the options as you see in this pic, then click "save":
the pic

6. After you finish this hard job, go to XPKGui, import this edited file in same place, and you've done!

----------------------Updating Titantrons------------------------- Credit: Tombstone

Okay, get yourself rad video tools(from maddoxs site in the site topic) and then the trons you want of wwe.com or whatever(theres a guide to getting them look around) then open the vid in windows movie maker or any converter(search for one)and convert it to avi format
Next open rad video tools and find the video in the window and highlight it then click on bink it!
next keep all the settings that pop up the same acept change this bit

After that click on bink and it will show a compression window once its finished it will say completed and you can view it
And finaly rename it to a tron in the game (like rock_s) and put it in the wwe raw/movie/scene folder and your done

Admin
Admin

https://rawmods.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Great guide for raw modding Empty Re: Great guide for raw modding

Post  Joe Thu Sep 10, 2009 4:11 am

Thank you for Great guide for raw modding. It really help.
But I don't understand, how modding height in WWE RAW? For example - I want to make The Rock's height 7' not 6' 5".
Can some one tell about it more?

Joe

Back to top Go down

Post  kriki189 Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:18 pm

edit with hex editor... i think.. not sure

kriki189

http://krikiisrocker.piczo.com .... very bad site.... ill create

Back to top Go down

Post  Joe Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:31 pm

kriki189 wrote:edit with hex editor... i think.. not sure
Yeah!!!
Admin wrote:
In-game Stat Change
• Ok here is how I find it: I first open handw.lst and look what height and weight the wrestler has, as an example I take the rock, he has 06'05'' 275 lbs. Now I open charhead.dat and what I know for sure is that height and weight are always located somewhere near the FFs. Now if you look there you see 06 05. After that there is 13 01. I click on 13 01, go on tools and then decode number, it says 275
Ability Points
• 14 spaces before the FF's.
• First 5 - Offensive Ability: Strike, Submission, Grapple, Acrobat, Roughhouse
• Second 5 - Defensive Ability - Strike, Submission, Grapple, Acrobat, Roughhouse
• Last 4 - Jump Ability, Move Speed, Power Recovery, Stamina Recovery
It works!!! I have some problems with English, so some things I can't understand from the first time. Embarassed

Joe

Back to top Go down

Post  kriki189 Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:48 pm

im happy for u.. can u mod the face or the attires from wrestlers?

kriki189

Back to top Go down

Post  Joe Fri Sep 11, 2009 1:48 pm

kriki189 wrote:im happy for u.. can u mod the face or the attires from wrestlers?
I know how to do it technically - Extract TEX/C0xx/C0xx.dds with xpkGUI.exe, and open it with Paint.NET(or other graphic program) and start to draw! Then it all depends on the ideas and drawing skills. (The faces of wrestlers can be taken from the real good quality photos).
As for me, I interested of RAW modding one week ago, now am learning how to do it. So I have not made models, if you are about it.

Joe

Back to top Go down

Post  kriki189 Fri Sep 11, 2009 3:11 pm

i only have problem with the faces... so i need the good quality facepicture... than how have to savt the file as? im meen how can a face pics look like on the raw? cuz i have really good face pics i think... do i have to save it to dds.. or something else?

kriki189

Back to top Go down

Post  Joe Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:26 pm

kriki189 wrote:i only have problem with the faces... so i need the good quality facepicture... than how have to savt the file as? im meen how can a face pics look like on the raw? cuz i have really good face pics i think... do i have to save it to dds.. or something else?
"really good face pics", I mean good for modding, like this - http://pic.ipicture.ru/uploads/090912/30692/S146O1GDeF.jpg , but it can be better.
So if we want Scott Hall in UI -
1). Search photos, that you want to see in the game
2). Choose the model for it. I think Shawn Michael's model will be good for it.
Great guide for raw modding 74lIvb9T2S
3). Shawn Michaels number in UI C012, the face looks like this:
Great guide for raw modding UCWTqJAPt1
Then work over Scott Hall's photo:
4). Use lasso to take face, copy it and paste to shawn michaels game face (to the new layer).
Great guide for raw modding J5V2eJ253f
Great guide for raw modding NLVPaHgSnK
5). Correct it (turn 180 and strech)
Great guide for raw modding 90C3k64XDi
6). save it in DDS formate
7). use xpkGUI to replace all files like C012_TEX0100.DDS - C012_TEX0107.DDS
8 ). It looks bad, but it subscribe one of opions how to do it.
Great guide for raw modding C5NDcit7OL
Great guide for raw modding D0C8Zic4Nz
Great guide for raw modding YbPk3DVM7g

Joe

Back to top Go down

Post  kriki189 Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:28 am

and how can i edit the attires technicly? i need a guid like for the face pics... if u have could u upload it.. and me and vignesh are making a new patch...
do u want to do it with us?
reply as soon as possible..
PLS ..

kriki189

Back to top Go down

Great guide for raw modding Empty HELP!!!!

Post  Dacanay212 Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:12 am

Embarassed Man how can i make the arena transparent because i cant see the titantron man please reply!!!!!!PLEASE IM BEGGING YOU!!!!!

Dacanay212

Back to top Go down

Post  kriki189 Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:35 am

Dacanay212 wrote:Embarassed Man how can i make the arena transparent because i cant see the titantron man please reply!!!!!!PLEASE IM BEGGING YOU!!!!!
what r u asking anyway?

kriki189

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down